More than millions of researches are going on landing rovers on Mars, black hole and many more but we don’t know about the huge mysterious portion on our own planet ‘THE OCEAN’. Various factors are responsible for this and the major one is unbearable pressure but as research continues we are encountering some of the mysterious creatures frequently in the oceans and according to the scientists the diversity there is so huge and we know only 11% of it and more than 80% is still unexplored which. It is amazing to witness the creation of this universe where the creator is not biased between good and evil, beautiful and ugly, prey and predator so here are some of the mysterious creatures of the deep ocean which will leave you stunned.
1. NEW BUCKTOOTHED GHOST SHARK
One of our mysterious creatures is of nearly 3 feet (2 m) in length it is the second largest species of Ghost Shark discovered yet.
- A mysterious ghost Shark with rabbit-like teeth found in Los Angeles.
- A bulky-head creature, it is one of the 50th ghost Shark species reported in 2017.
- The bucktoothed ghost Shark is named Hydrolagus erithacus and there are already 3 known species of G. hydrolagus-
- Hydrolagus africanus
- Hydrolagus mirabilis
- Hydrolagus alberti
- These ghost Sharks have a characteristic feature of :-
- A big head and
- A body tapering to a thinner tale
- But the fishermen say these ghost sharks don’t resemble the rest of the known ghost sharks as the known ones are small and brown and this one is really huge and very Black.
- Ghost Sharks are not actually Sharks as the Shark swims by moving their tails and rays, actually they fly in water but the ghost sharks propel themselves in forward direction with the use of their pectoral fins.
- Research revealed that one of the specimens of the ghost sharks contained a crab claw used to bite and open the crab shells and other crustaceans living on the sea floor.
2. COSMIC JELLYFISH’ IN THE DEEP OF OCEAN
- These mysterious creatures, illuminating deep sea which looks like a ‘UFO’ but it is not.
- It’s a jellyfish known as ‘cosmic jellyfish’ which looks like a designed flying sausage in an unexplored seamount of nearly 9800 feet (3000m) below sea level, with a remotely operated vehicle while a deep sea exploration in the national Marine sanctuary of American Samoa
3. GIANT SLIMY SHIPWORM-AN OCEAN UNICORN
- For marine biologists they are an ocean unicorn.
- Having a tough tubular shell.
- A huge slimy shipworm is known as kuphus polythalamia found in a Shallow marine bay in Philippines which was buried in mud vertically residing in their shells which looks like an elephant’s tusk.
- Five of them were found and when removed from the shelves measured about 3 feet (1m) long in length.
- Different from the rest of shipworms who have some restrictions to survive but they have no limit in the growth because of their unlimited energy.
- Some from diffusing sulfide,
- Some from abundant nutrients.
- Shipworms are known for their wood-eating habits, eating wooden boats and ruining it completely. Researchers said that “everything about this creature is weird and surprising”.
4. LOCH NESS MONSTER-A BEAST
- Always remained a mystery – a beast, size of a car looks like a plesiosaur (an aquatic dinosaur) encountered in the river ness in 565 AD by Irish missionary St Columbia,
- Having long neck, 4 flippers and a wide crocodile like body.
- Skeleton of a 76 million year old recovered from Alberta Canada.
- Measuring 13-16 feet (4-5 m) long when alive but it was not fully grown at the time it died, it was a small fry.
- The actual grown ones are ocean dwelling plesiosaur thought to have been nearly 50 feet (15m) long.
5. SLINKY LIKE SAC OF LIME
- A mysterious creature found off the coast of Australia glowing, smirling captured by Scuba divers named thysanotenthis rhombus (diamond squid) having a mesmerizing pink glow measuring 3 feet in length and 30 kg in weight.
- It was in fact a string of thousands of tiny eggs laid by species of squid that are little known.
- It looks like a pinkish kite attached to a cluster of tentacles that can lay 24,100-43,800 eggs at one time enveloped in a gelatin tube which can grow up to 6 feet according to researchers.
6. KLEPTOPREDATOR- Cratena perigrina
- Imagine you just finished a delicious meal and suddenly you got into someone else’s tummy. Scary isn’t it!
- This is klepto predation, a beautiful Predator who likes to predate preys that had has just finished their dinner.
- This predation doesn’t fit into any of the known categories so a new category was made for them as kleptopredation is stealing the predators’ food by swallowing the Predator and Prey together.
- And this sort of behavior was observed for the first time in the Universe in 2017.
- The sea surface dwelling sea Slug known as Cratena Perigrina known to dine on Coral polyps that have just finished eating their dinner (planktons)
- And zooplanktons or any other plankton fulfills half of the diet of cratena perigrina.
7. A TERRIFYING LIVING FOSSILWITH 300 FRILLED TEETH- Chlamydoselachus anguineus
- A frilled tooth shark as rare as a dinosaur found by some deep-sea fishers near Portugal in November 2017.
- It is a living Fossil as it has changed itself very little in the past 80 million years.
- This mysterious creature has 300 three pointed teeth in a horrifying mouth, which looks like a rows of very sharp terrifying frills.
- Measuring 5 feet in length, they use their awe-inspiring chompers to knock down their Prey which includes Marine animals as well as other Sharks.
- Though the captured species died but gave researchers its magnificent body to study upon.
- They are rarely seen as they can swim deeper below the ocean surface that is 4600 feet below (1400 m) deeper than most fishing vessels dare venture.
8. WORLD’S HEAVIEST BONY FISH- Mola Alexandrin
- Weighing 5000 LBS (2300 kg) setting record of world’s heaviest Bony fish caught in Japan in 1996.
- Their skeletons made of bone (most of the marine animal skeleton are made up of cartilages) measuring about 10 feet in length and can grow more. They are huge and round in shape like a Wagon wheels or pancakes.
- They are extremely huge and due to that they are difficult to be transported but study on them proved them to be species of sunfish.
9. VAMPIRE SQUID FROM HELL-Vampyrotenthisinfernalis
- A cephalopod which doesn’t resemble a squidor an octopus but, even more Evil is vampire Squid from Hell
- Found in the deep sea of mesopelagic zone (3300 feet below Ocean surface) but his deed doesn’t match with his name (feeding on blood) .They feed on ‘marine snow’ decaying organic matter on the ocean floor which comes from above.
10. FAMOUS FOR BIOLUMINISCENT GROWTH ON ITS HEAD-angler fish
- One of the ugliest creatures in the world baits its prey to Death at the bottom of the ocean. Angler fish have more than 200 species divided into group of four-
- deepsea angler
- In anglerfish, the only female have bioluminescent growth on their head.
- The ocean comes out to be very deep, beautiful, and scary as we witness new mysterious creatures frequently and it is going to surprise till eternity so let’s say if someone doesn’t plan surprises for you don’t be upset because the creator already did keeping you in mind.